A lot of people rave about online coupon codes. After all, these offer opportunities to save a few bucks in your chopping expenses. And since many online shoppers are drawn to coupon codes, many online entrepreneurs find it necessary to have a coupon code field on their check out page so they will not lose their market share. Indeed there are many benefits of using coupon codes for both the shopper and the seller. However, they have their sets of disadvantages as well. Hence, if you are planning to use these types of offers, may as well know their pros and cons before you process the purchase.
Though coupon codes may appear to be a way to sell out more products, they do more than just selling. These can also be used to advertise a certain brand. And though you will be losing cash for selling your products lower than their retail prices, just consider the loss to be the price you need to pay so your prospects will know your business. After all, this can be a lot cheaper than other types of advertisement.
Coupon codes can be a good or bad strategy for your business. It all depends on how you use it. Below are some of the pros for using one:
- They attract customers, allowing you to grow your client base in the long run.
- With coupons, you can gather a lot of email subscribers. This is also the reason why promotional coupons are used as part of email marketing strategies. You can demand for the person’s email address in exchange for the voucher code. This gives you the opportunity to email the person for tempting offers in the future, ushering them back to your website.
- Unloading old inventory can be done with ease by giving out discounts through coupon codes.
- It also gathers more product reviews about your trade.
- With more people drawn to buy your products, you have higher chances of selling even non-discounted products to these people.
Coupon codes have cons too and among these are as follows:
- If you are not too careful, coupon codes can lead to more loss than you expected. That is why you have to be cautious about the margin you need to set so you can protect your investment. So put a limit on your offer. For instance, you can offer these codes to first-time buyers only or you may require a certain amount of purchase before they can avail such discounts.
- Promo codes may not be sustainable. Some people just want to avail of discounts. Hence, they can go away once there are no longer promos offered.
- Offering the promo codes to your first-time clients may make your loyal clients feel alienated.
- Offering your products at low costs may be perceived by your customers as a downgrade in your product’s quality as well.
- Can be damaging to the image of your brand. Customers may only buy your products when they are discounted. Hence, they won’t be purchasing it at its usual retail price.
So, if you wanted to try using promo codes, why not check out these working promo codes for Jabong? Shopping at Jabong at discounted prices can be a good start.